Valid for Submission
N13.0 is a billable diagnosis code used to specify a medical diagnosis of hydronephrosis with ureteropelvic junction obstruction. The code N13.0 is valid during the fiscal year 2021 from October 01, 2020 through September 30, 2021 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions.
The ICD-10-CM code N13.0 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like acquired hydronephrosis, acquired hydronephrosis due to ureteropelvic junction obstruction, acquired obstruction of urinary tract, hydronephrosis due to congenital ureteropelvic junction obstruction, hydronephrosis with ureteropelvic junction obstruction , obstruction of pelviureteric junction, etc.
Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries
The Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries is a list of ICD-10 codes, organized "head to toe" into chapters and sections with guidance for inclusions, exclusions, descriptions and more. The following references are applicable to the code N13.0:
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms
These terms are the conditions for which that code is to be used. The terms may be synonyms of the code title, or, in the case of "other specified" codes, the terms are a list of the various conditions assigned to that code. The inclusion terms are not necessarily exhaustive. Additional terms found only in the Alphabetic Index may also be assigned to a code.
- Hydronephrosis due to acquired occlusion of ureteropelvic junction
Type 2 ExcludesType 2 Excludes
A type 2 excludes note represents "Not included here". An excludes2 note indicates that the condition excluded is not part of the condition represented by the code, but a patient may have both conditions at the same time. When an Excludes2 note appears under a code, it is acceptable to use both the code and the excluded code together, when appropriate.
- Hydronephrosis with ureteropelvic junction obstruction due to calculus N13.2
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code N13.0 are found in the index:
- - Hydronephrosis (atrophic) (early) (functionless) (intermittent) (primary) (secondary) NEC - N13.30
- - Obstruction, obstructed, obstructive
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Acquired hydronephrosis
- Acquired hydronephrosis due to ureteropelvic junction obstruction
- Acquired obstruction of urinary tract
- Hydronephrosis due to congenital ureteropelvic junction obstruction
- Hydronephrosis with ureteropelvic junction obstruction
- Obstruction of pelviureteric junction
- Ureteric neuromuscular incoordination
Diagnostic Related Groups - MS-DRG Mapping
N130 replaces the following previously assigned ICD-10 code(s):