2024 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code N04.A
Nephrotic syndrome with C3 glomerulonephritis
Clinical Category is Nephritis; nephrosis; renal sclerosis
- CCSR Category Code: GEN001
- Inpatient Default CCSR: Y - Yes, default inpatient assignment for principal diagnosis or first-listed diagnosis.
- Outpatient Default CCSR: Y - Yes, default outpatient assignment for principal diagnosis or first-listed diagnosis.
Nephrosis, Lipoida kidney disease with no or minimal histological glomerular changes on light microscopy and with no immune deposits. it is characterized by lipid accumulation in the epithelial cells of kidney tubules and in the urine. patients usually show nephrotic syndrome indicating the presence of proteinuria with accompanying edema.
Nephrotic Syndromea condition characterized by severe proteinuria, greater than 3.5 g/day in an average adult. the substantial loss of protein in the urine results in complications such as hypoproteinemia; generalized edema; hypertension; and hyperlipidemias. diseases associated with nephrotic syndrome generally cause chronic kidney dysfunction.
Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries
The following annotation back-references are applicable to this diagnosis code. The Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries is a list of ICD-10-CM codes, organized "head to toe" into chapters and sections with coding notes and guidance for inclusions, exclusions, descriptions and more.
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms
These terms are the conditions for which that code is to be used. The terms may be synonyms of the code title, or, in the case of "other specified" codes, the terms are a list of the various conditions assigned to that code. The inclusion terms are not necessarily exhaustive. Additional terms found only in the Alphabetic Index may also be assigned to a code.
- Nephrotic syndrome with C3 glomerulopathy
Type 1 ExcludesType 1 Excludes
A type 1 excludes note is a pure excludes note. It means "NOT CODED HERE!" An Excludes1 note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as the code above the Excludes1 note. An Excludes1 is used when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
- Nephrotic syndrome with C3 glomerulopathy with dense deposit disease N04.6
Index to Diseases and Injuries References
The following annotation back-references for this diagnosis code are found in the injuries and diseases index. The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10-CM code(s).
N04A replaces the following previously assigned ICD-10-CM code(s):
- FY 2024 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2023 through 9/30/2024
- FY 2023 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2022 through 9/30/2023
- FY 2022 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2021 through 9/30/2022
- FY 2021 - Code Added, effective from 10/1/2020 through 9/30/2021
 Chronic - a chronic condition code indicates a condition lasting 12 months or longer and its effect on the patient based on one or both of the following criteria:
- The condition results in the need for ongoing intervention with medical products,treatment, services, and special equipment
- The condition places limitations on self-care, independent living, and social interactions.