Not Valid for Submission
M85.0 is a "header" nonspecific and non-billable code code, consider using a code with a higher level of specificity for a diagnosis of fibrous dysplasia (monostotic). The code is NOT valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions.
|Short Description:||Fibrous dysplasia (monostotic)|
|Long Description:||Fibrous dysplasia (monostotic)|
Consider the following ICD-10 codes with a higher level of specificity:
Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries
The Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries is a list of ICD-10 codes, organized "head to toe" into chapters and sections with guidance for inclusions, exclusions, descriptions and more. The following references are applicable to the code M85.0:
Type 2 Excludes Type 2 Excludes
A type 2 excludes note represents "Not included here". An excludes2 note indicates that the condition excluded is not part of the condition represented by the code, but a patient may have both conditions at the same time. When an Excludes2 note appears under a code, it is acceptable to use both the code and the excluded code together, when appropriate.
- fibrous dysplasia of jaw M27.8
- CRANIOFACIAL FIBROUS DYSPLASIA-. mostly benign fibro osseous proliferation of the facial bone and skull. it can be either monostotic localized to a single bone or polyostotic localized to more than one bone type.
- CEMENTOMA-. an odontogenic fibroma in which cells have developed into cementoblasts and which consists largely of cementum.
- FIBROUS DYSPLASIA OF BONE-. a disease of bone marked by thinning of the cortex by fibrous tissue containing bony spicules producing pain disability and gradually increasing deformity. only one bone may be involved fibrous dysplasia monostotic or several fibrous dysplasia polyostotic.
- FIBROUS DYSPLASIA MONOSTOTIC-. fibrous dysplasia of bone involving only one bone.
- FIBROUS DYSPLASIA POLYOSTOTIC-. fibrous dysplasia of bone affecting several bones. when melanotic pigmentation cafe au lait spots and multiple endocrine hyperfunction are additionally associated it is referred to as albright syndrome.
Diseases of the musculoskeletal system and connective tissue (M00–M99)
Disorders of bone density and structure (M80-M85)
Other disorders of bone density and structure (M85)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020