Not Valid for Submission
M70.95 is a "header" nonspecific and non-billable diagnosis code code, consider using a code with a higher level of specificity for a diagnosis of unspecified soft tissue disorder related to use, overuse and pressure of thigh. The code is NOT valid for the year 2021 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. Category or Header define the heading of a category of codes that may be further subdivided by the use of 4th, 5th, 6th or 7th characters.
Unspecified diagnosis codes like M70.95 are acceptable when clinical information is unknown or not available about a particular condition. Although a more specific code is preferable, unspecified codes should be used when such codes most accurately reflect what is known about a patient's condition. Specific diagnosis codes should not be used if not supported by the patient's medical record.
Specific Coding for Unsp soft tissue disorder related to use/pressure of thigh
Header codes like M70.95 require more digits to indicate the appropriate level of specificity. Consider using any of the following ICD-10 codes with a higher level of specificity when coding for unsp soft tissue disorder related to use/pressure of thigh:
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code M70.95 are found in the index:
Information for Patients
Leg Injuries and Disorders
Your legs are made up of bones, blood vessels, muscles, and other connective tissue. They are important for motion and standing. Playing sports, running, falling, or having an accident can damage your legs. Common leg injuries include sprains and strains, joint dislocations, and fractures.
These injuries can affect the entire leg, or just the foot, ankle, knee, or hip. Certain diseases also lead to leg problems. For example, knee osteoarthritis, common in older people, can cause pain and limited motion. Problems in your veins in your legs can lead to varicose veins or deep vein thrombosis.
- Blount disease (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Bowlegs (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Common peroneal nerve dysfunction (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Femoral nerve dysfunction (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Femur fracture repair - discharge (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Foot, leg, and ankle swelling (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Iliotibial band syndrome -- aftercare (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Ischemic ulcers -- self-care (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Knock knees (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Leg pain (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Shin splints - self-care (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Tibial nerve dysfunction (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Venous insufficiency (Medical Encyclopedia)