Not Valid for Submission
M67.94 is a "header" nonspecific and non-billable diagnosis code code, consider using a code with a higher level of specificity for a diagnosis of unspecified disorder of synovium and tendon, hand. The code is NOT valid for the year 2021 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. Category or Header define the heading of a category of codes that may be further subdivided by the use of 4th, 5th, 6th or 7th characters.
Unspecified diagnosis codes like M67.94 are acceptable when clinical information is unknown or not available about a particular condition. Although a more specific code is preferable, unspecified codes should be used when such codes most accurately reflect what is known about a patient's condition. Specific diagnosis codes should not be used if not supported by the patient's medical record.
Specific Coding for Unspecified disorder of synovium and tendon, hand
Header codes like M67.94 require more digits to indicate the appropriate level of specificity. Consider using any of the following ICD-10 codes with a higher level of specificity when coding for unspecified disorder of synovium and tendon, hand:
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code M67.94 are found in the index:
Information for Patients
Hand Injuries and Disorders
No matter how old you are or what you do for a living, you are always using your hands. When there is something wrong with them, you may not be able to do your regular activities.
Hand problems include
- Carpal tunnel syndrome - compression of a nerve as it goes through the wrist, often making your fingers feel numb
- Injuries that result in fractures, ruptured ligaments and dislocations
- Osteoarthritis - wear-and-tear arthritis, which can also cause deformity
- Tendinitis - irritation of the tendons
- Disorders and injuries of your fingers and thumb
- Brachial plexopathy (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Claw hand (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Dupuytrens contracture (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Hand fracture - aftercare (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Hand or foot spasms (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Hand x-ray (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Radial nerve dysfunction (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Ulnar nerve dysfunction (Medical Encyclopedia)