Valid for Submission
M63.862 is a billable diagnosis code used to specify a medical diagnosis of disorders of muscle in diseases classified elsewhere, left lower leg. The code M63.862 is valid during the fiscal year 2021 from October 01, 2020 through September 30, 2021 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions.
The Medicare Code Editor (MCE) detects and reports errors in the coding of claims data. The following ICD-10 Code Edits are applicable to this code:
Diagnostic Related Groups - MS-DRG Mapping
Convert M63.862 to ICD-9 Code
The General Equivalency Mapping (GEM) crosswalk indicates an approximate mapping between the ICD-10 code M63.862 its ICD-9 equivalent. The approximate mapping means there is not an exact match between the ICD-10 code and the ICD-9 code and the mapped code is not a precise representation of the original code.
Information for Patients
Also called: Myopathy
Your muscles help you move and help your body work. Different types of muscles have different jobs. There are many problems that can affect muscles. Muscle disorders can cause weakness, pain or even paralysis.
Causes of muscle disorders include
- Injury or overuse, such as sprains or strains, cramps or tendinitis
- A genetic disorder, such as muscular dystrophy
- Some cancers
- Inflammation, such as myositis
- Diseases of nerves that affect muscles
- Certain medicines
Sometimes the cause is not known.
- Caring for muscle spasticity or spasms (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Compartment syndrome (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Contracture deformity (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Creatine phosphokinase test (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Electromyography (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Eyelid twitch (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Hypotonia (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Muscle aches (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Muscle atrophy (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Muscle function loss (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Muscle twitching (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Rhabdomyolysis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Weakness (Medical Encyclopedia)
[Learn More in MedlinePlus]