Valid for Submission
M47.816 is a billable diagnosis code used to specify a medical diagnosis of spondylosis without myelopathy or radiculopathy, lumbar region. The code M47.816 is valid during the fiscal year 2021 from October 01, 2020 through September 30, 2021 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions.
The ICD-10-CM code M47.816 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like lumbar spondylosis.
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code M47.816 are found in the index:
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Lumbar spondylosis
Diagnostic Related Groups - MS-DRG Mapping
Convert M47.816 to ICD-9 Code
The General Equivalency Mapping (GEM) crosswalk indicates an approximate mapping between the ICD-10 code M47.816 its ICD-9 equivalent. The approximate mapping means there is not an exact match between the ICD-10 code and the ICD-9 code and the mapped code is not a precise representation of the original code.
Information for Patients
Spine Injuries and Disorders
Your backbone, or spine, is made up of 26 bone discs called vertebrae. The vertebrae protect your spinal cord and allow you to stand and bend. A number of problems can change the structure of the spine or damage the vertebrae and surrounding tissue. They include
- Conditions, such as ankylosing spondylitis and scoliosis
- Bone changes that come with age, such as spinal stenosis and herniated disks
Spinal diseases often cause pain when bone changes put pressure on the spinal cord or nerves. They can also limit movement. Treatments differ by disease, but sometimes they include back braces and surgery.
- Compression fractures of the back (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Foraminotomy (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Kyphosis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Laminectomy (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Lordosis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Spinal fusion (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Spine surgery - discharge (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Spondylolisthesis (Medical Encyclopedia)