Valid for Submission
M42.15 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of adult osteochondrosis of spine, thoracolumbar region. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions.
The code M42.15 is applicable to adult patients aged 15 through 124 years inclusive. It is clinically and virtually impossible to use this code on a patient outside the stated age range.
|Short Description:||Adult osteochondrosis of spine, thoracolumbar region|
|Long Description:||Adult osteochondrosis of spine, thoracolumbar region|
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code M42.15 are found in the index:
The Medicare Code Editor (MCE) detects and reports errors in the coding of claims data. The following ICD-10 Code Edits are applicable to this code:
- Adult diagnoses - Adult. Age range is 15–124 years inclusive (e.g., senile delirium, mature cataract).
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code M42.15 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V37.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2019 through 09/30/2020.
- 553 - BONE DISEASES AND ARTHROPATHIES WITH MCC
- 554 - BONE DISEASES AND ARTHROPATHIES WITHOUT MCC
Convert M42.15 to ICD-9
- 732.8 - Osteochondropathy NEC (Approximate Flag)
Diseases of the musculoskeletal system and connective tissue (M00–M99)
Deforming dorsopathies (M40-M43)
Spinal osteochondrosis (M42)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020