Valid for Submission
M40.45 is a billable diagnosis code used to specify a medical diagnosis of postural lordosis, thoracolumbar region. The code M40.45 is valid during the fiscal year 2021 from October 01, 2020 through September 30, 2021 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions.
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code M40.45 are found in the index:
Diagnostic Related Groups - MS-DRG Mapping
Convert M40.45 to ICD-9 Code
The General Equivalency Mapping (GEM) crosswalk indicates an approximate mapping between the ICD-10 code M40.45 its ICD-9 equivalent. The approximate mapping means there is not an exact match between the ICD-10 code and the ICD-9 code and the mapped code is not a precise representation of the original code.
Information for Patients
Spine Injuries and Disorders
Your backbone, or spine, is made up of 26 bone discs called vertebrae. The vertebrae protect your spinal cord and allow you to stand and bend. A number of problems can change the structure of the spine or damage the vertebrae and surrounding tissue. They include
- Conditions, such as ankylosing spondylitis and scoliosis
- Bone changes that come with age, such as spinal stenosis and herniated disks
Spinal diseases often cause pain when bone changes put pressure on the spinal cord or nerves. They can also limit movement. Treatments differ by disease, but sometimes they include back braces and surgery.
- Compression fractures of the back (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Foraminotomy (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Kyphosis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Laminectomy (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Lordosis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Spinal fusion (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Spine surgery - discharge (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Spondylolisthesis (Medical Encyclopedia)
[Learn More in MedlinePlus]