Valid for Submission
M26.52 is a billable diagnosis code used to specify a medical diagnosis of limited mandibular range of motion. The code M26.52 is valid during the fiscal year 2021 from October 01, 2020 through September 30, 2021 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions.
The ICD-10-CM code M26.52 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like abnormal jaw movement, abnormal jaw opening, limitation of movement of temporomandibular joint or limited opening of mandible.
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code M26.52 are found in the index:
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Abnormal jaw movement
- Abnormal jaw opening
- Limitation of movement of temporomandibular joint
- Limited opening of mandible
Convert M26.52 to ICD-9 Code
Information for Patients
Jaw Injuries and Disorders
Your jaw is a set of bones that holds your teeth. It consists of two main parts. The upper part is the maxilla. It doesn't move. The moveable lower part is called the mandible. You move it when you talk or chew. The two halves of the mandible meet at your chin. The joint where the mandible meets your skull is the temporomandibular joint.
Jaw problems include
- Temporomandibular joint dysfunction
- Osteonecrosis, which happens when your bones lose their blood supply
Treatment of jaw problems depends on the cause.
- Jaw - broken or dislocated (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Malocclusion of teeth (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Micrognathia (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Prognathism (Medical Encyclopedia)