Valid for Submission
M25.042 is a billable diagnosis code used to specify a medical diagnosis of hemarthrosis, left hand. The code M25.042 is valid during the fiscal year 2021 from October 01, 2020 through September 30, 2021 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions.
Diagnostic Related Groups - MS-DRG Mapping
Convert M25.042 to ICD-9 Code
The General Equivalency Mapping (GEM) crosswalk indicates an approximate mapping between the ICD-10 code M25.042 its ICD-9 equivalent. The approximate mapping means there is not an exact match between the ICD-10 code and the ICD-9 code and the mapped code is not a precise representation of the original code.
Information for Patients
Also called: Hematoma, Hemorrhage
Bleeding is the loss of blood. It can happen outside or inside the body. You may bleed when you get a cut or other wound. Bleeding can also be due to an injury to internal organs.
Sometimes bleeding can cause other problems. A bruise is bleeding under the skin. Some strokes are caused by bleeding in the brain. Other bleeding, such as gastrointestinal bleeding, coughing up blood, or vaginal bleeding, can be a symptom of a disease.
Normally, when you bleed, your blood forms clots to stop the bleeding. Severe bleeding may require first aid or a trip to the emergency room. If you have a bleeding disorder, your blood does not form clots normally.
- Bleeding (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Bleeding gums (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Bleeding into the skin (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Intraventricular hemorrhage of the newborn (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Subarachnoid hemorrhage (Medical Encyclopedia)
Hand Injuries and Disorders
No matter how old you are or what you do for a living, you are always using your hands. When there is something wrong with them, you may not be able to do your regular activities.
Hand problems include
- Carpal tunnel syndrome - compression of a nerve as it goes through the wrist, often making your fingers feel numb
- Injuries that result in fractures, ruptured ligaments and dislocations
- Osteoarthritis - wear-and-tear arthritis, which can also cause deformity
- Tendinitis - irritation of the tendons
- Disorders and injuries of your fingers and thumb
- Brachial plexopathy (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Claw hand (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Dupuytrens contracture (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Hand fracture - aftercare (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Hand or foot spasms (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Hand x-ray (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Radial nerve dysfunction (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Ulnar nerve dysfunction (Medical Encyclopedia)