M21.939 is a billable ICD-10 code used to specify a medical diagnosis of unspecified acquired deformity of unspecified forearm. The code is valid during the fiscal year 2023 from October 01, 2022 through September 30, 2023 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions.
Unspecified diagnosis codes like M21.939 are acceptable when clinical information is unknown or not available about a particular condition. Although a more specific code is preferable, unspecified codes should be used when such codes most accurately reflect what is known about a patient's condition. Specific diagnosis codes should not be used if not supported by the patient's medical record.
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Acquired deformity of wrist
- Acquired forearm deformity
- Deformity of radius
- Deformity of ulna
- Deformity of wrist due to rheumatoid arthritis
- Silver-fork deformity
- Wrist joint deformity
Convert to ICD-9 Code
|Source ICD-10 Code||Target ICD-9 Code|
|M21.939||736.00 - Forearm deformity NOS|
|Approximate Flag - The approximate mapping means there is not an exact match between the ICD-10 and ICD-9 codes and the mapped code is not a precise representation of the original code.|
Arm Injuries and Disorders
Of the 206 bones in your body, three of them are in your arm: the humerus, radius, and ulna. Your arms are also made up of muscles, joints, tendons, and other connective tissue. Injuries to any of these parts of the arm can occur during sports, a fall, or an accident.
Types of arm injuries include :
- Tendinitis and bursitis
- Fractures (broken bones)
- Nerve problems
You may also have problems or injure specific parts of your arm, such as your hand, wrist, elbow, or shoulder.
[Learn More in MedlinePlus]
- FY 2023 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2022 through 9/30/2023
- FY 2022 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2021 through 9/30/2022
- FY 2021 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2020 through 9/30/2021
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016 (First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)