Valid for Submission
M12.28 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of villonodular synovitis (pigmented), other specified site. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code M12.28 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like neoplasm of uncertain behavior of chest wall or neoplasm of uncertain behavior of soft tissues of thorax or villonodular synovitis of sternoclavicular joint or villonodular synovitis of tibiofibular joint.
|Short Description:||Villonodular synovitis (pigmented), other specified site|
|Long Description:||Villonodular synovitis (pigmented), other specified site|
Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries
The Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries is a list of ICD-10 codes, organized "head to toe" into chapters and sections with guidance for inclusions, exclusions, descriptions and more. The following references are applicable to the code M12.28:
Inclusion Terms Inclusion Terms
These terms are the conditions for which that code is to be used. The terms may be synonyms of the code title, or, in the case of "other specified" codes, the terms are a list of the various conditions assigned to that code. The inclusion terms are not necessarily exhaustive. Additional terms found only in the Alphabetic Index may also be assigned to a code.
- Villonodular synovitis (pigmented), vertebrae
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code M12.28 are found in the index:
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Neoplasm of uncertain behavior of chest wall
- Neoplasm of uncertain behavior of soft tissues of thorax
- Villonodular synovitis of sternoclavicular joint
- Villonodular synovitis of tibiofibular joint
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code M12.28 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V37.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2019 through 09/30/2020.
- 553 - BONE DISEASES AND ARTHROPATHIES WITH MCC
- 554 - BONE DISEASES AND ARTHROPATHIES WITHOUT MCC
Convert M12.28 to ICD-9
- 719.28 - Villonod synovit-jt NEC
Diseases of the musculoskeletal system and connective tissue (M00–M99)
Inflammatory polyarthropathies (M05-M14)
Other and unspecified arthropathy (M12)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020