Valid for Submission
K59.81 is a billable diagnosis code used to specify a medical diagnosis of ogilvie syndrome. The code K59.81 is valid during the fiscal year 2022 from October 01, 2021 through September 30, 2022 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions.
The ICD-10-CM code K59.81 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like chronic intestinal pseudo-obstruction, primary chronic pseudo-obstruction of colon, primary chronic pseudo-obstruction of gastrointestinal tract, primary chronic pseudo-obstruction of large intestine or pseudo-obstruction of colon.
Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries
The Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries is a list of ICD-10 codes, organized "head to toe" into chapters and sections with coding notes and guidance for inclusions, exclusions, descriptions and more. The following references are applicable to the code K59.81:
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms
These terms are the conditions for which that code is to be used. The terms may be synonyms of the code title, or, in the case of "other specified" codes, the terms are a list of the various conditions assigned to that code. The inclusion terms are not necessarily exhaustive. Additional terms found only in the Alphabetic Index may also be assigned to a code.
- Acute colonic pseudo-obstruction (ACPO)
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code K59.81 are found in the index:
- - ACPO (acute colonic pseudo-obstruction) - K59.81
- - Pseudo-obstruction intestine (acute) (chronic) (idiopathic) (intermittent secondary) (primary) - K59.89
- - colonic - K59.81
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Chronic intestinal pseudo-obstruction
- Primary chronic pseudo-obstruction of colon
- Primary chronic pseudo-obstruction of gastrointestinal tract
- Primary chronic pseudo-obstruction of large intestine
- Pseudo-obstruction of colon
- COLONIC PSEUDO OBSTRUCTION-. functional obstruction of the colon leading to megacolon in the absence of obvious colonic diseases or mechanical obstruction. when this condition is acquired acute and coexisting with another medical condition trauma surgery serious injuries or illness or medication it is called ogilvie's syndrome.
Diagnostic Related Groups - MS-DRG Mapping
|MS-DRG||MS-DRG Title||MCD||Relative Weight|
|391||ESOPHAGITIS, GASTROENTERITIS AND MISCELLANEOUS DIGESTIVE DISORDERS WITH MCC||06||1.2444|
|392||ESOPHAGITIS, GASTROENTERITIS AND MISCELLANEOUS DIGESTIVE DISORDERS WITHOUT MCC||06||0.7644|
The relative weight of a diagnostic related group determines the reimbursement rate based on the severity of a patient's illness and the associated cost of care during hospitalization.
K5981 replaces the following previously assigned ICD-10 code(s):