Valid for Submission
K56.51 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of intestinal adhesions [bands], with partial obstruction. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions.
|Short Description:||Intestinal adhesions [bands], with partial obstruction|
|Long Description:||Intestinal adhesions [bands], with partial obstruction|
Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries
The Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries is a list of ICD-10 codes, organized "head to toe" into chapters and sections with guidance for inclusions, exclusions, descriptions and more. The following references are applicable to the code K56.51:
Inclusion Terms Inclusion Terms
These terms are the conditions for which that code is to be used. The terms may be synonyms of the code title, or, in the case of "other specified" codes, the terms are a list of the various conditions assigned to that code. The inclusion terms are not necessarily exhaustive. Additional terms found only in the Alphabetic Index may also be assigned to a code.
- Intestinal adhesions with incomplete obstruction
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code K56.51 are found in the index:
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code K56.51 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V37.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2020 through 09/30/2020.
- 388 - G.I. OBSTRUCTION WITH MCC
- 389 - G.I. OBSTRUCTION WITH CC
- 390 - G.I. OBSTRUCTION WITHOUT CC/MCC
K5651 replaces the following previously assigned ICD-10 code(s):
- K56.5 - Intestinal adhesions w obst (postprocedural) (postinfection)
- K56.5 - Intestinal adhesions with obstruction (postinfection)
Convert K56.51 to ICD-9
- 560.81 - Intestinal adhes w obstr (Approximate Flag)
Diseases of the digestive system (K00–K93)
Other diseases of intestines (K55-K64)
Paralytic ileus and intestinal obstruction without hernia (K56)
- FY 2018 - Code Added, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020