2024 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code K20.81
Other esophagitis with bleeding
- Eosinophilic Esophagitis-. chronic esophagitis characterized by esophageal mucosal eosinophilia. it is diagnosed when an increase in eosinophils are present over the entire esophagus. the reflux symptoms fail to respond to proton pump inhibitors treatment, unlike in gastroesophageal reflux disease. the symptoms are associated with ige-mediated hypersensitivity to food or inhalant allergens.
- Esophagitis-. inflammation, acute or chronic, of the esophagus caused by bacteria, chemicals, or trauma.
- Esophagitis, Peptic-. inflammation of the esophagus that is caused by the reflux of gastric juice with contents of the stomach and duodenum.
Index to Diseases and Injuries References
The following annotation back-references for this diagnosis code are found in the injuries and diseases index. The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10-CM code(s).
K2081 replaces the following previously assigned ICD-10-CM code(s):
- FY 2024 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2023 through 9/30/2024
- FY 2023 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2022 through 9/30/2023
- FY 2022 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2021 through 9/30/2022
- FY 2021 - Code Added, effective from 10/1/2020 through 9/30/2021