Diagnosis Code J98.5
Information for Medical Professionals
References found for the code J98.5 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- Type 2 Excludes Notes: "And"
The word "and" should be interpreted to mean either "and" or "or" when it appears in a title.
- abscess of mediastinum (J85.3)
Information for Patients
The chest is the part of the body between your neck and your abdomen. It includes the ribs and breastbone. Inside your chest are several organs, including the heart, lungs, and esophagus. The pleura, a large thin sheet of tissue, lines the inside of the chest cavity.
Chest injuries and disorders include
- Heart diseases
- Lung diseases and collapsed lung
- Pleural disorders
- Esophagus disorders
- Broken ribs
- Thoracic aortic aneurysms
- Disorders of the mediastinum, the space between the lungs, breastbone, and spine
- Chest tube insertion (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Costochondritis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Mediastinal tumor (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Pectus excavatum (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Rib fracture - aftercare (Medical Encyclopedia)