Diagnosis Code J84.848
Information for Medical Professionals
The diagnosis code J84.848 is grouped in the following Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG V35.0)
- 196 - INTERSTITIAL LUNG DISEASE WITH MCC
- 197 - INTERSTITIAL LUNG DISEASE WITH CC
- 198 - INTERSTITIAL LUNG DISEASE WITHOUT CC/MCC
Convert to ICD-9 General Equivalence Map
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- 516.69 - Oth intrst lung dis chld
- Interstitial lung disease
- Interstitial lung disease of childhood
- Interstitial pneumonia
Information for Patients
Interstitial Lung Diseases
Interstitial lung disease is the name for a large group of diseases that inflame or scar the lungs. The inflammation and scarring make it hard to get enough oxygen. The scarring is called pulmonary fibrosis.
Breathing in dust or other particles in the air is responsible for some types of interstitial lung diseases. Specific types include
- Black lung disease among coal miners, from inhaling coal dust
- Farmer's lung, from inhaling farm dust
- Asbestosis, from inhaling asbestos fibers
- Siderosis, from inhaling iron from mines or welding fumes
- Silicosis, from inhaling silica dust
Other causes include autoimmune diseases or occupational exposures to molds, gases, or fumes. Some types of interstitial lung disease have no known cause.
Treatment depends on the type of exposure and the stage of the disease. It may involve medicines, oxygen therapy, or a lung transplant in severe cases.
- Hypersensitivity pneumonitis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Interstitial lung disease (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Interstitial lung disease - adults - discharge (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Pulmonary function tests (Medical Encyclopedia)