Valid for Submission
J43.2 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of centrilobular emphysema. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code J43.2 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like centriacinar emphysema.
|Short Description:||Centrilobular emphysema|
|Long Description:||Centrilobular emphysema|
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code J43.2 are found in the index:
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- PULMONARY EMPHYSEMA-. enlargement of air spaces distal to the terminal bronchioles where gas exchange normally takes place. this is usually due to destruction of the alveolar wall. pulmonary emphysema can be classified by the location and distribution of the lesions.
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code J43.2 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V37.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2019 through 09/30/2020.
- 190 - CHRONIC OBSTRUCTIVE PULMONARY DISEASE WITH MCC
- 191 - CHRONIC OBSTRUCTIVE PULMONARY DISEASE WITH CC
- 192 - CHRONIC OBSTRUCTIVE PULMONARY DISEASE WITHOUT CC/MCC
Convert J43.2 to ICD-9
- 492.8 - Emphysema NEC (Approximate Flag)
Diseases of the respiratory system (J00–J99)
Chronic lower respiratory diseases (J40-J47)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020