Valid for Submission
J05.11 is a billable diagnosis code used to specify a medical diagnosis of acute epiglottitis with obstruction. The code J05.11 is valid during the fiscal year 2021 from October 01, 2020 through September 30, 2021 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions.
The ICD-10-CM code J05.11 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like acute epiglottitis, acute epiglottitis with obstruction or obstruction of larynx.
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code J05.11 are found in the index:
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Acute epiglottitis
- Acute epiglottitis with obstruction
- Obstruction of larynx
Convert J05.11 to ICD-9 Code
Information for Patients
Also called: Pharyngeal disorders
Your throat is a tube that carries food to your esophagus and air to your windpipe and larynx. The technical name for your throat is the pharynx.
Throat problems are common. You've probably had a sore throat. The cause is usually a viral infection, but other causes include allergies, infection with strep bacteria or the leaking of stomach acids back up into the esophagus, called GERD.
Other problems that affect the throat include
- Tonsillitis - inflammation of the tonsils
- Croup - inflammation, usually in small children, which causes a barking cough
- Laryngitis - swelling of the voice box, which can cause a hoarse voice or loss of voice
Most throat problems are minor and go away on their own. Treatments, when needed, depend on the problem.
- Blockage of upper airway (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Epiglottitis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Glossopharyngeal neuralgia (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Herpangina (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Laryngitis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Laryngoscopy (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Retropharyngeal abscess (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Strep throat (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Throat swab culture (Medical Encyclopedia)
[Learn More in MedlinePlus]