Diagnosis Code I99.9
Information for Medical Professionals
The diagnosis code I99.9 is grouped in the following Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG V35.0)
Convert to ICD-9
- 459.9 - Circulatory disease NOS (Approximate Flag)
- Acquired cardiovascular abnormality associated with atrioventricular septal defect
- Acute disease of cardiovascular system
- Cardiovascular abnormality due to anomalous origin of arterial duct
- Cardiovascular abnormality due to anomalous origin of coronary artery from pulmonary artery
- Cardiovascular abnormality due to anomalous origin of coronary artery orifice
- Cardiovascular abnormality due to bilateral arterial ducts
- Cardiovascular abnormality due to infective myocarditis
- Cardiovascular abnormality due to patent arterial duct
- Cardiovascular sequelae of disorders
- Cardiovascular system complication of procedure
- Cardiovascular system problem
- Corvisart's facies
- Disease affecting entire cardiovascular system
- Disease of circulatory system complicating pregnancy childbirth and puerperium
- Disorder of blood vessels of thorax
- Erythrocytosis due to cardiovascular disease
- Glaucoma associated with vascular disorder
- Hereditary angiopathy with nephropathy, aneurysms, and muscle cramps syndrome
- Impaired circulatory system function
- Inflammatory disorder of the cardiovascular system
- Neovascular glaucoma
- Sequelae of cardiovascular disorders
- Sequelae of disorders by system of sequelae
- Vascular disease of abdomen
- Vascular disorder
- Vascular disorder of pelvis
Index to Diseases and Injuries
References found for the code I99.9 in the Index to Diseases and Injuries:
- - Angiopathia, angiopathy - I99.9
General Equivalence Map Definitions
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- Approximate Flag - The approximate flag is on, indicating that the relationship between the code in the source system and the code in the target system is an approximate equivalent.
- No Map Flag - The no map flag indicates that a code in the source system is not linked to any code in the target system.
- Combination Flag - The combination flag indicates that more than one code in the target system is required to satisfy the full equivalent meaning of a code in the source system.
Present on Admission
The Present on Admission (POA) indicator is used for diagnosis codes included in claims involving inpatient admissions to general acute care hospitals. POA indicators must be reported to CMS on each claim to facilitate the grouping of diagnoses codes into the proper Diagnostic Related Groups (DRG). CMS publishes a listing of specific diagnosis codes that are exempt from the POA reporting requirement.