Diagnosis Code I87.303
Information for Medical Professionals
The diagnosis code I87.303 is grouped in the following Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG V34.0)
- 299 - PERIPHERAL VASCULAR DISORDERS WITH MCC
- 300 - PERIPHERAL VASCULAR DISORDERS WITH CC
- 301 - PERIPHERAL VASCULAR DISORDERS WITHOUT CC/MCC
Convert to ICD-9 General Equivalence Map
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- 459.30 - Chr venous hypr w/o comp (approximate) Approximate Flag
The approximate flag is on, indicating that the relationship between the code in the source system and the code in the target system is an approximate equivalent.
Information for Patients
The vascular system is the body's network of blood vessels. It includes the arteries, veins and capillaries that carry blood to and from the heart. Problems of the vascular system are common and can be serious. Arteries can become thick and stiff, a problem called atherosclerosis. Blood clots can clog vessels and block blood flow to the heart or brain. Weakened blood vessels can burst, causing bleeding inside the body.
You are more likely to have vascular disease as you get older. Other factors that make vascular disease more likely include
- Family history of vascular or heart diseases
- Illness or injury
- Long periods of sitting or standing still
- Any condition that affects the heart and blood vessels, such as diabetes or high cholesterol
Losing weight, eating healthy foods, being active and not smoking can help vascular disease. Other treatments include medicines and surgery.
- Aortic arch syndrome (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Arterial embolism (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Arteriogram (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Cerebral angiography (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Duplex ultrasound (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Venous insufficiency (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Venous ulcers -- self-care (Medical Encyclopedia)