I82.451 - Acute embolism and thrombosis of right peroneal vein
|Short Description:||Acute embolism and thrombosis of right peroneal vein|
|Long Description:||Acute embolism and thrombosis of right peroneal vein|
|Status:||Valid for Submission|
I82.451 is a billable ICD-10 code used to specify a medical diagnosis of acute embolism and thrombosis of right peroneal vein. The code is valid during the fiscal year 2023 from October 01, 2022 through September 30, 2023 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions.
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Acute deep venous thrombosis of calf
- Acute deep venous thrombosis of right calf
- Acute deep venous thrombosis of right peroneal vein
- Deep venous thrombosis of peroneal vein
I82451 replaces the following previously assigned ICD-10 code(s):
- I82.491 - Acute embolism and thrombosis of deep vein of r low extrem
Deep Vein Thrombosis
Deep vein thrombosis, or DVT, is a blood clot that forms in a vein deep in the body. Most deep vein clots occur in the lower leg or thigh. If the vein swells, the condition is called thrombophlebitis. A deep vein thrombosis can break loose and cause a serious problem in the lung, called a pulmonary embolism.
Sitting still for a long time can make you more likely to get a DVT. Some medicines and disorders that increase your risk for blood clots can also lead to DVTs. Common symptoms are :
- Warmth and tenderness over the vein
- Pain or swelling in the part of the body affected
- Skin redness
Treatment includes medicines to ease pain and inflammation, break up clots and keep new clots from forming. Keeping the affected area raised and applying moist heat can also help. If you are taking a long car or plane trip, take a break, walk or stretch your legs and drink plenty of liquids.
[Learn More in MedlinePlus]
- FY 2023 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2022 through 9/30/2023
- FY 2022 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2021 through 9/30/2022
- FY 2021 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2020 through 9/30/2021
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020