Diagnosis Code I71.3
Information for Medical Professionals
The diagnosis code I71.3 is grouped in the following Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG V35.0)
- 299 - PERIPHERAL VASCULAR DISORDERS WITH MCC
- 300 - PERIPHERAL VASCULAR DISORDERS WITH CC
- 301 - PERIPHERAL VASCULAR DISORDERS WITHOUT CC/MCC
Convert to ICD-9 General Equivalence Map
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- 441.3 - Rupt abd aortic aneurysm
- Aneurysm of suprarenal aorta
- Leaking abdominal aortic aneurysm
- Ruptured abdominal aortic aneurysm
- Ruptured aortic aneurysm
- Ruptured suprarenal aortic aneurysm
Information for Patients
An aneurysm is a bulge or "ballooning" in the wall of an artery. Arteries are blood vessels that carry oxygen-rich blood from the heart to other parts of the body. If an aneurysm grows large, it can burst and cause dangerous bleeding or even death.
Most aneurysms are in the aorta, the main artery that runs from the heart through the chest and abdomen.
There are two types of aortic aneurysm:
- Thoracic aortic aneurysms (TAA) - these occur in the part of the aorta running through the chest
- Abdominal aortic aneurysms (AAA) - these occur in the part of the aorta running through the abdomen
Most aneurysms are found during tests done for other reasons. Some people are at high risk for aneurysms. It is important for them to get screening, because aneurysms can develop and become large before causing any symptoms. Screening is recommended for people between the ages of 65 and 75 if they have a family history, or if they are men who have smoked. Doctors use imaging tests to find aneurysms. Medicines and surgery are the two main treatments.
NIH: National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm repair - open (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm repair - open - discharge (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Aortic aneurysm repair - endovascular (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Aortic aneurysm repair - endovascular- discharge (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Aortic dissection (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Thoracic aortic aneurysm (Medical Encyclopedia)