Valid for Submission
I27.83 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of eisenmenger's syndrome. The code is valid for the fiscal year 2021 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code I27.83 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like eisenmenger's complex or eisenmenger's syndrome.
|Short Description:||Eisenmenger's syndrome|
|Long Description:||Eisenmenger's syndrome|
Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries
The Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries is a list of ICD-10 codes, organized "head to toe" into chapters and sections with guidance for inclusions, exclusions, descriptions and more. The following references are applicable to the code I27.83:
Inclusion Terms Inclusion Terms
These terms are the conditions for which that code is to be used. The terms may be synonyms of the code title, or, in the case of "other specified" codes, the terms are a list of the various conditions assigned to that code. The inclusion terms are not necessarily exhaustive. Additional terms found only in the Alphabetic Index may also be assigned to a code.
- Eisenmenger's complex
- (Irreversible) Eisenmenger's disease
- Pulmonary hypertension with right to left shunt related to congenital heart disease
Code Also Code Also
A "code also" note instructs that two codes may be required to fully describe a condition, but this note does not provide sequencing direction.
- underlying heart defect, if known, such as:
- atrial septal defect Q21.1
- Eisenmenger's defect Q21.8
- patent ductus arteriosus Q25.0
- ventricular septal defect Q21.0
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code I27.83 are found in the index:
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Eisenmenger's complex
- Eisenmenger's syndrome
- EISENMENGER COMPLEX-. a condition associated with ventricular septal defect and other congenital heart defects that allow the mixing of pulmonary and systemic circulation increase blood flow into the lung and subsequent responses to low oxygen in blood. this complex is characterized by progressive pulmonary hypertension; hypertrophy of the right ventricle; cyanosis; and erythrocytosis.
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code I27.83 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V38.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2020 through 09/30/2021.
- 314 - OTHER CIRCULATORY SYSTEM DIAGNOSES WITH MCC
- 315 - OTHER CIRCULATORY SYSTEM DIAGNOSES WITH CC
- 316 - OTHER CIRCULATORY SYSTEM DIAGNOSES WITHOUT CC/MCC
I2783 replaces the following previously assigned ICD-10 code(s):
- I27.89 - Other specified pulmonary heart diseases
Convert I27.83 to ICD-9
- 745.4 - Ventricular sept defect (Approximate Flag)
Diseases of the circulatory system (I00–I99)
Pulmonary heart disease and diseases of pulmonary circulation (I26-I28)
Other pulmonary heart diseases (I27)
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020
- FY 2021 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2020 through 9/30/2021