Diagnosis Code H44.2B3
Information for Medical Professionals
The diagnosis code H44.2B3 is grouped in the following Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG V35.0)
Convert to ICD-9
This code replaces the following previously assigned ICD-10 code(s) listed below:
- H35.30 - Unspecified macular degeneration
- H44.20 - Degenerative myopia, unspecified eye
- H44.21 - Degenerative myopia, right eye
- H44.22 - Degenerative myopia, left eye
- H44.23 - Degenerative myopia, bilateral
General Equivalence Map Definitions
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- Approximate Flag - The approximate flag is on, indicating that the relationship between the code in the source system and the code in the target system is an approximate equivalent.
- No Map Flag - The no map flag indicates that a code in the source system is not linked to any code in the target system.
- Combination Flag - The combination flag indicates that more than one code in the target system is required to satisfy the full equivalent meaning of a code in the source system.
Present on Admission
The Present on Admission (POA) indicator is used for diagnosis codes included in claims involving inpatient admissions to general acute care hospitals. POA indicators must be reported to CMS on each claim to facilitate the grouping of diagnoses codes into the proper Diagnostic Related Groups (DRG). CMS publishes a listing of specific diagnosis codes that are exempt from the POA reporting requirement.