Valid for Submission
H40.1330 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of pigmentary glaucoma, bilateral, stage unspecified. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code H40.1330 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like bilateral open-angle glaucoma, bilateral pigmentary glaucoma of eyes, glaucoma due to iris anomaly, glaucoma of bilateral eyes due to anterior segment anomaly, glaucoma of bilateral eyes due to iris anomaly, glaucoma of left eye due to anterior segment anomaly, etc
The code H40.1330 describes a circumstance which influences the patient's health status but not a current illness or injury. The code is unacceptable as a principal diagnosis.
|Short Description:||Pigmentary glaucoma, bilateral, stage unspecified|
|Long Description:||Pigmentary glaucoma, bilateral, stage unspecified|
The Medicare Code Editor (MCE) detects and reports errors in the coding of claims data. The following ICD-10 Code Edits are applicable to this code:
- Unacceptable principal diagnosis - There are selected codes that describe a circumstance which influences an individual’s health status but not a current illness or injury, or codes that are not specific manifestations but may be due to an underlying cause. These codes are considered unacceptable as a principal diagnosis.
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Bilateral open-angle glaucoma
- Bilateral pigmentary glaucoma of eyes
- Glaucoma due to iris anomaly
- Glaucoma of bilateral eyes due to anterior segment anomaly
- Glaucoma of bilateral eyes due to iris anomaly
- Glaucoma of left eye due to anterior segment anomaly
- Glaucoma of right eye due to anterior segment anomaly
- Pigmentary glaucoma
- Pigmentary glaucoma of left eye
- Pigmentary glaucoma of right eye
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code H40.1330 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V37.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2019 through 09/30/2020.
- 124 - OTHER DISORDERS OF THE EYE WITH MCC
- 125 - OTHER DISORDERS OF THE EYE WITHOUT MCC
Convert H40.1330 to ICD-9
- 365.13 - Pigmentary glaucoma (Combination Flag)
- 365.70 - Glaucoma stage NOS (Combination Flag)
Diseases of the eye and adnexa (H00–H59)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020