Valid for Submission
H35.3130 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of nonexudative age-related macular degeneration, bilateral, stage unspecified. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code H35.3130 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like age-related nonexudative macular degeneration of left eye, age-related nonexudative macular degeneration of right eye, bilateral age-related nonexudative macular degeneration, bilateral degeneration of macula, degenerative disorder of macula of left eye, degenerative disorder of macula of right eye, etc
The code H35.3130 is applicable to adult patients aged 15 through 124 years inclusive. It is clinically and virtually impossible to use this code on a patient outside the stated age range.
|Short Description:||Nexdtve age-related mclr degn, bilateral, stage unspecified|
|Long Description:||Nonexudative age-related macular degeneration, bilateral, stage unspecified|
The Medicare Code Editor (MCE) detects and reports errors in the coding of claims data. The following ICD-10 Code Edits are applicable to this code:
- Adult diagnoses - Adult. Age range is 15–124 years inclusive (e.g., senile delirium, mature cataract).
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Age-related nonexudative macular degeneration of left eye
- Age-related nonexudative macular degeneration of right eye
- Bilateral age-related nonexudative macular degeneration
- Bilateral degeneration of macula
- Degenerative disorder of macula of left eye
- Degenerative disorder of macula of right eye
- Nonexudative age-related macular degeneration
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code H35.3130 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V37.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2019 through 09/30/2020.
- 124 - OTHER DISORDERS OF THE EYE WITH MCC
- 125 - OTHER DISORDERS OF THE EYE WITHOUT MCC
H353130 replaces the following previously assigned ICD-10 code(s):
- H35.31 - Nonexudative age-related macular degeneration
Convert H35.3130 to ICD-9
- 362.51 - Nonexudat macular degen (Approximate Flag)
Diseases of the eye and adnexa (H00–H59)
Disorders of choroid and retina (H30-H36)
Other retinal disorders (H35)
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020