Valid for Submission
H26.019 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of infantile and juvenile cortical, lamellar, or zonular cataract, unspecified eye. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code H26.019 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like cortical cataract or immature cataract or immature cortical cataract or lamellar zonular cataract or zonular nonsenile cataract.
The code H26.019 is applicable for patients aged 0 through 17 years inclusive. It is clinically and virtually impossible to use this code on a patient outside the stated age range.
|Short Description:||Infantile & juv cortical/lamellar/zonular cataract, unsp eye|
|Long Description:||Infantile and juvenile cortical, lamellar, or zonular cataract, unspecified eye|
The Medicare Code Editor (MCE) detects and reports errors in the coding of claims data. The following ICD-10 Code Edits are applicable to this code:
- Pediatric diagnoses - Pediatric. Age range is 0–17 years inclusive (e.g., Reye’s syndrome, routine child health exam).
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Cortical cataract
- Immature cataract
- Immature cortical cataract
- Lamellar zonular cataract
- Zonular nonsenile cataract
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code H26.019 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V37.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2020 through 09/30/2020.
- 124 - OTHER DISORDERS OF THE EYE WITH MCC
- 125 - OTHER DISORDERS OF THE EYE WITHOUT MCC
Convert H26.019 to ICD-9
- 366.03 - Cortical cataract (Approximate Flag)
Diseases of the eye and adnexa (H00–H59)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020