Not Valid for Submission
H16.20 is a "header" nonspecific and non-billable code code, consider using a code with a higher level of specificity for a diagnosis of unspecified keratoconjunctivitis. The code is NOT valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions.
|Short Description:||Unspecified keratoconjunctivitis|
|Long Description:||Unspecified keratoconjunctivitis|
Consider the following ICD-10 codes with a higher level of specificity:
Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries
The Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries is a list of ICD-10 codes, organized "head to toe" into chapters and sections with guidance for inclusions, exclusions, descriptions and more. The following references are applicable to the code H16.20:
Inclusion Terms Inclusion Terms
These terms are the conditions for which that code is to be used. The terms may be synonyms of the code title, or, in the case of "other specified" codes, the terms are a list of the various conditions assigned to that code. The inclusion terms are not necessarily exhaustive. Additional terms found only in the Alphabetic Index may also be assigned to a code.
- Superficial keratitis with conjunctivitis NOS
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code H16.20 are found in the index:
- CONJUNCTIVITIS ALLERGIC-. conjunctivitis due to hypersensitivity to various allergens.
- KERATOCONJUNCTIVITIS-. simultaneous inflammation of the cornea and conjunctiva.
- KERATOCONJUNCTIVITIS SICCA-. drying and inflammation of the conjunctiva as a result of insufficient lacrimal secretion. when found in association with xerostomia and polyarthritis it is called sjogren's syndrome.
- KERATOCONJUNCTIVITIS INFECTIOUS-. infectious diseases of cattle sheep and goats characterized by blepharospasm lacrimation conjunctivitis and varying degrees of corneal opacity and ulceration. in cattle the causative agent is moraxella moraxella bovis; in sheep mycoplasma; rickettsia; chlamydia; or acholeplasma; in goats rickettsia.
Diseases of the eye and adnexa (H00–H59)
Disorders of sclera, cornea, iris and ciliary body (H15-H22)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020