Diagnosis Code H02.005
Information for Medical Professionals
The diagnosis code H02.005 is grouped in the following Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG V35.0)
Convert to ICD-9 General Equivalence Map
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- 374.00 - Entropion NOS (approximate) Approximate Flag
The approximate flag is on, indicating that the relationship between the code in the source system and the code in the target system is an approximate equivalent.
- Ectropion of bilateral eyelids
- Entropion - ectropion combination
- Entropion of bilateral eyelids
- Entropion-ectropion combination of bilateral lower eyelids
- Lower eyelid ectropion
Information for Patients
Your eyelids help protect your eyes. When you blink, your eyelids spread moisture over your eyes. Blinking also helps move dirt or other particles off the surface of the eye. You close your eyelids when you see something coming toward your eyes. This can help protect against injuries.
Like most other parts of your body, your eyelids can get infected, inflamed, or even develop cancer. There are also specific eyelid problems, including
- Eyelids that turn in or out
- Eyelids that droop
- Abnormal blinking or twitching
Treatment of eyelid problems depends on the cause.
- Blepharitis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Chalazion (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Ectropion (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Entropion (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Eyelid bump (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Eyelid drooping (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Eyelid lift (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Eyelid twitch (Medical Encyclopedia)