Valid for Submission
G95.81 is a billable diagnosis code used to specify a medical diagnosis of conus medullaris syndrome. The code G95.81 is valid during the fiscal year 2021 from October 01, 2020 through September 30, 2021 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions.
The ICD-10-CM code G95.81 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like conus medullaris syndrome.
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code G95.81 are found in the index:
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Conus medullaris syndrome
- SPINAL CORD COMPRESSION-. acute and chronic conditions characterized by external mechanical compression of the spinal cord due to extramedullary neoplasm; epidural abscess; spinal fractures; bony deformities of the vertebral bodies; and other conditions. clinical manifestations vary with the anatomic site of the lesion and may include localized pain weakness sensory loss incontinence and impotence.
Convert G95.81 to ICD-9 Code
The General Equivalency Mapping (GEM) crosswalk indicates an approximate mapping between the ICD-10 code G95.81 its ICD-9 equivalent. The approximate mapping means there is not an exact match between the ICD-10 code and the ICD-9 code and the mapped code is not a precise representation of the original code.
Information for Patients
Spinal Cord Diseases
Your spinal cord is a bundle of nerves that runs down the middle of your back. It carries signals back and forth between your body and your brain. It is protected by your vertebrae, which are the bone disks that make up your spine. If you have an accident that damages the vertebrae or other parts of the spine, this can also injure the spinal cord. Other spinal cord problems include
- Infections such as meningitis and polio
- Inflammatory diseases
- Autoimmune diseases
- Degenerative diseases such as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and spinal muscular atrophy
Symptoms vary but might include pain, numbness, loss of sensation and muscle weakness. These symptoms can occur around the spinal cord, and also in other areas such as your arms and legs. Treatments often include medicines and surgery.
- Epidural abscess (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Spinal cord abscess (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Spinal tumor (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Subacute combined degeneration (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Syphilitic myelopathy (Medical Encyclopedia)
[Learn More in MedlinePlus]