Valid for Submission
G57.83 is a billable diagnosis code used to specify a medical diagnosis of other specified mononeuropathies of bilateral lower limbs. The code G57.83 is valid during the fiscal year 2021 from October 01, 2020 through September 30, 2021 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions.
The ICD-10-CM code G57.83 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like bilateral entrapment of ilioinguinal nerves, compression neuropathy of ilioinguinal nerve, compression neuropathy of left ilioinguinal nerve, compression neuropathy of right ilioinguinal nerve, disorder of left ilioinguinal nerve , disorder of right ilioinguinal nerve, etc.
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Bilateral entrapment of ilioinguinal nerves
- Compression neuropathy of ilioinguinal nerve
- Compression neuropathy of left ilioinguinal nerve
- Compression neuropathy of right ilioinguinal nerve
- Disorder of left ilioinguinal nerve
- Disorder of right ilioinguinal nerve
- Ilio-inguinal nerve entrapment
G5783 replaces the following previously assigned ICD-10 code(s):
Convert G57.83 to ICD-9 Code
The General Equivalency Mapping (GEM) crosswalk indicates an approximate mapping between the ICD-10 code G57.83 its ICD-9 equivalent. The approximate mapping means there is not an exact match between the ICD-10 code and the ICD-9 code and the mapped code is not a precise representation of the original code.