Valid for Submission
F63.0 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of pathological gambling. The code is valid for the fiscal year 2021 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code F63.0 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like compulsive gambling or gambling disorder predominantly offline or gambling disorder predominantly online.
|Short Description:||Pathological gambling|
|Long Description:||Pathological gambling|
Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries
The Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries is a list of ICD-10 codes, organized "head to toe" into chapters and sections with guidance for inclusions, exclusions, descriptions and more. The following references are applicable to the code F63.0:
Inclusion Terms Inclusion Terms
These terms are the conditions for which that code is to be used. The terms may be synonyms of the code title, or, in the case of "other specified" codes, the terms are a list of the various conditions assigned to that code. The inclusion terms are not necessarily exhaustive. Additional terms found only in the Alphabetic Index may also be assigned to a code.
- Compulsive gambling
- Gambling disorder
Type 1 Excludes Type 1 Excludes
A type 1 excludes note is a pure excludes note. It means "NOT CODED HERE!" An Excludes1 note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as the code above the Excludes1 note. An Excludes1 is used when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
- gambling and betting NOS Z72.6
Type 2 Excludes Type 2 Excludes
A type 2 excludes note represents "Not included here". An excludes2 note indicates that the condition excluded is not part of the condition represented by the code, but a patient may have both conditions at the same time. When an Excludes2 note appears under a code, it is acceptable to use both the code and the excluded code together, when appropriate.
- excessive gambling by manic patients F30 F31
- gambling in antisocial personality disorder F60.2
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code F63.0 are found in the index:
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Compulsive gambling
- Gambling disorder predominantly offline
- Gambling disorder predominantly online
- GAMBLING-. an activity distinguished primarily by an element of risk in trying to obtain a desired goal e.g. playing a game of chance for money.
Convert F63.0 to ICD-9
- 312.31 - Pathological gambling
Mental and behavioural disorders (F00–F99)
Disorders of adult personality and behavior (F60-F69)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020
- FY 2021 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2020 through 9/30/2021