2024 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code F30.9
Manic episode, unspecified
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Bipolar I disorder, single manic episode
- Elevated mood
- Manic - mental defense mechanism
- Manic behavior
- Manic disorder, single episode
- Manic mood
- Mood disorder of manic type
- Hypomania|Hypomanic Mood|Hypomanic Mood-. a less severe form of mania characterized by elevated mood, hyperactivity, and grandiosity. in contrast to mania, these symptoms do not cause significant impairment of the individual's productivity at work, or social and family relationships.
- Manic Mood-. an emotional state characterized by marked to extreme elevation of mood with noticeable effect of functioning.
Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries
The following annotation back-references are applicable to this diagnosis code. The Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries is a list of ICD-10-CM codes, organized "head to toe" into chapters and sections with coding notes and guidance for inclusions, exclusions, descriptions and more.
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms
These terms are the conditions for which that code is to be used. The terms may be synonyms of the code title, or, in the case of "other specified" codes, the terms are a list of the various conditions assigned to that code. The inclusion terms are not necessarily exhaustive. Additional terms found only in the Alphabetic Index may also be assigned to a code.
- Mania NOS
Index to Diseases and Injuries References
The following annotation back-references for this diagnosis code are found in the injuries and diseases index. The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10-CM code(s).
- - Disorder (of) - See Also: Disease;
Convert to ICD-9-CM Code
|Source ICD-10-CM Code||Target ICD-9-CM Code|
|F30.9||296.00 - Bipol I single manic NOS|
|Approximate Flag - The approximate mapping means there is not an exact match between the ICD-10 and ICD-9 codes and the mapped code is not a precise representation of the original code.|
- FY 2024 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2023 through 9/30/2024
- FY 2023 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2022 through 9/30/2023
- FY 2022 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2021 through 9/30/2022
- FY 2021 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2020 through 9/30/2021
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016. This was the first year ICD-10-CM was implemented into the HIPAA code set.