Valid for Submission
E88.02 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of plasminogen deficiency. The code is valid for the fiscal year 2021 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code E88.02 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like dysplasminogenemia or fibrinolytic bleeding syndrome or hypoplasminogenemia.
|Short Description:||Plasminogen deficiency|
|Long Description:||Plasminogen deficiency|
Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries
The Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries is a list of ICD-10 codes, organized "head to toe" into chapters and sections with guidance for inclusions, exclusions, descriptions and more. The following references are applicable to the code E88.02:
Inclusion Terms Inclusion Terms
These terms are the conditions for which that code is to be used. The terms may be synonyms of the code title, or, in the case of "other specified" codes, the terms are a list of the various conditions assigned to that code. The inclusion terms are not necessarily exhaustive. Additional terms found only in the Alphabetic Index may also be assigned to a code.
- Type 1 plasminogen deficiency
- Type 2 plasminogen deficiency
Code Also Code Also
A "code also" note instructs that two codes may be required to fully describe a condition, but this note does not provide sequencing direction.
- , if applicable, ligneous conjunctivitis H10.51
Use Additional Code Use Additional Code
The “use additional code” indicates that a secondary code could be used to further specify the patient’s condition. This note is not mandatory and is only used if enough information is available to assign an additional code.
- code for associated findings, such as:
- hydrocephalus G91.4
- otitis media H67
- respiratory disorder related to plasminogen deficiency J99
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code E88.02 are found in the index:
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Fibrinolytic bleeding syndrome
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code E88.02 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V38.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2020 through 09/30/2021.
- 826 - MYELOPROLIFERATIVE DISORDERS OR POORLY DIFFERENTIATED NEOPLASMS WITH MAJOR O.R. PROCEDURES WITH MCC
- 827 - MYELOPROLIFERATIVE DISORDERS OR POORLY DIFFERENTIATED NEOPLASMS WITH MAJOR O.R. PROCEDURES WITH CC
- 828 - MYELOPROLIFERATIVE DISORDERS OR POORLY DIFFERENTIATED NEOPLASMS WITH MAJOR O.R. PROCEDURES WITHOUT CC/MCC
E8802 replaces the following previously assigned ICD-10 code(s):
- E88.09 - Oth disorders of plasma-protein metabolism, NEC
Endocrine, nutritional and metabolic diseases (E00–E90)
Metabolic disorders (E70-E88)
Other and unspecified metabolic disorders (E88)
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020
- FY 2021 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2020 through 9/30/2021