Not Valid for Submission
E75.0 is a "header" nonspecific and non-billable code code, consider using a code with a higher level of specificity for a diagnosis of gm2 gangliosidosis. The code is NOT valid for the year 2021 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions.
|Short Description:||GM2 gangliosidosis|
|Long Description:||GM2 gangliosidosis|
Consider the following ICD-10 codes with a higher level of specificity:
- SANDHOFF DISEASE-. an autosomal recessive neurodegenerative disorder characterized by an accumulation of gm2 ganglioside in neurons and other tissues. it is caused by mutation in the common beta subunit of hexosaminidase a and hexosaminidase b. thus this disease is also known as the o variant since both hexosaminidase a and b are missing. clinically it is indistinguishable from tay sachs disease.
- TAY SACHS DISEASE-. an autosomal recessive neurodegenerative disorder characterized by the onset in infancy of an exaggerated startle response followed by paralysis dementia and blindness. it is caused by mutation in the alpha subunit of the hexosaminidase a resulting in lipid laden ganglion cells. it is also known as the b variant with increased hexosaminidase b but absence of hexosaminidase a and is strongly associated with ashkenazic jewish ancestry.
- GANGLIOSIDOSES GM2-. a group of recessively inherited diseases characterized by the intralysosomal accumulation of gm2 ganglioside in the neuronal cells. subtypes include mutations of enzymes in the beta n acetylhexosaminidases system or gm2 activator protein leading to disruption of normal degradation of gangliosides a subclass of acidic glycosphingolipids.
- TAY SACHS DISEASE AB VARIANT-. a progressive neurodegenerative disorder that begins with muscle weakness then progresses to startle reaction retardation and seizures. it is characterized by the accumulation of gm2 ganglioside in neurons that is caused by a lack of gm2 activator protein function. the ab variant designation refers to the increase of both hexosaminidase a and hexosaminidase b in tissues that lack of gm2 activator protein.
Endocrine, nutritional and metabolic diseases (E00–E90)
Metabolic disorders (E70-E88)
Disord of sphingolipid metab and oth lipid storage disorders (E75)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020
- FY 2021 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2020 through 9/30/2021