Valid for Submission
E30.8 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of other disorders of puberty. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code E30.8 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like abnormal development of female secondary sexual characteristics, finding related to development of the breasts, premature development of the breasts, premature growth of secondary sexual hair, puberty disorder due to estrogen resistance, secondary sexual hair growth - finding, etc
The code E30.8 is applicable for patients aged 0 through 17 years inclusive. It is clinically and virtually impossible to use this code on a patient outside the stated age range.
|Short Description:||Other disorders of puberty|
|Long Description:||Other disorders of puberty|
Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries
The Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries is a list of ICD-10 codes, organized "head to toe" into chapters and sections with guidance for inclusions, exclusions, descriptions and more. The following references are applicable to the code E30.8:
Inclusion Terms Inclusion Terms
These terms are the conditions for which that code is to be used. The terms may be synonyms of the code title, or, in the case of "other specified" codes, the terms are a list of the various conditions assigned to that code. The inclusion terms are not necessarily exhaustive. Additional terms found only in the Alphabetic Index may also be assigned to a code.
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code E30.8 are found in the index:
The Medicare Code Editor (MCE) detects and reports errors in the coding of claims data. The following ICD-10 Code Edits are applicable to this code:
- Pediatric diagnoses - Pediatric. Age range is 0–17 years inclusive (e.g., Reye’s syndrome, routine child health exam).
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Abnormal development of female secondary sexual characteristics
- Finding related to development of the breasts
- Premature development of the breasts
- Premature growth of secondary sexual hair
- Puberty disorder due to estrogen resistance
- Secondary sexual hair growth - finding
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code E30.8 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V37.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2019 through 09/30/2020.
- 643 - ENDOCRINE DISORDERS WITH MCC
- 644 - ENDOCRINE DISORDERS WITH CC
- 645 - ENDOCRINE DISORDERS WITHOUT CC/MCC
Convert E30.8 to ICD-9
- 259.1 - Sexual precocity NEC (Approximate Flag)
Endocrine, nutritional and metabolic diseases (E00–E90)
Disorders of other endocrine glands (E20-E35)
Disorders of puberty, not elsewhere classified (E30)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020