Valid for Submission
E29.8 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of other testicular dysfunction. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code E29.8 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like mullerian inhibiting factor deficiency.
The code E29.8 is applicable to male patients only. It is clinically and virtually impossible to use this code on a non-male patient.
|Short Description:||Other testicular dysfunction|
|Long Description:||Other testicular dysfunction|
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code E29.8 are found in the index:
The Medicare Code Editor (MCE) detects and reports errors in the coding of claims data. The following ICD-10 Code Edits are applicable to this code:
- Diagnoses for males only - Medicare Code Editor detects inconsistencies between a patient’s sex and any diagnosis on the patient’s record, this code applies to MALES only
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Mullerian inhibiting factor deficiency
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code E29.8 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V37.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2020 through 09/30/2020.
- 643 - ENDOCRINE DISORDERS WITH MCC
- 644 - ENDOCRINE DISORDERS WITH CC
- 645 - ENDOCRINE DISORDERS WITHOUT CC/MCC
Convert E29.8 to ICD-9
- 257.8 - Testicular dysfunct NEC
Endocrine, nutritional and metabolic diseases (E00–E90)
Disorders of other endocrine glands (E20-E35)
Testicular dysfunction (E29)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020