Valid for Submission
E24.8 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of other cushing's syndrome. The code is valid for the fiscal year 2021 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code E24.8 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like artefactual pseudo-cushing's syndrome or cyclical cushing's syndrome or idiopathic cushing's syndrome or pseudo-cushing's syndrome.
|Short Description:||Other Cushing's syndrome|
|Long Description:||Other Cushing's syndrome|
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code E24.8 are found in the index:
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Artefactual pseudo-Cushing's syndrome
- Cyclical Cushing's syndrome
- Idiopathic Cushing's syndrome
- Pseudo-Cushing's syndrome
- CUSHING SYNDROME-. a condition caused by prolonged exposure to excess levels of cortisol hydrocortisone or other glucocorticoids from endogenous or exogenous sources. it is characterized by upper body obesity; osteoporosis; hypertension; diabetes mellitus; hirsutism; amenorrhea; and excess body fluid. endogenous cushing syndrome or spontaneous hypercortisolism is divided into two groups those due to an excess of adrenocorticotropin and those that are acth independent.
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code E24.8 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V38.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2020 through 09/30/2021.
- 643 - ENDOCRINE DISORDERS WITH MCC
- 644 - ENDOCRINE DISORDERS WITH CC
- 645 - ENDOCRINE DISORDERS WITHOUT CC/MCC
Convert E24.8 to ICD-9
- 255.0 - Cushing's syndrome (Approximate Flag)
Endocrine, nutritional and metabolic diseases (E00–E90)
Disorders of other endocrine glands (E20-E35)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020
- FY 2021 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2020 through 9/30/2021