2024 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code E16.2
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Adult onset non-insulinoma persistent hyperinsulinemic hypoglycemia
- Blood glucose below reference range
- Glucose level below reference range
- Hypoglycemia-induced convulsion
- Hypoglycemic disorder
- Hypoglycemic encephalopathy
- Hypoglycemic shock
- Hypoglycemic syndrome
- Neuropathy associated with hypoglycemia
- Nocturnal hypoglycemia due to diabetes mellitus
- Non-diabetic hypoglycemia
- Non-diabetic hypoglycemia
- Random blood glucose outside reference range
- Random blood sugar below reference range
- Random glucose level abnormal
- Sequelae of endocrine disorders
- Situation-related seizures
- Spontaneous hypoglycemia
- Congenital Hyperinsulinism-. a familial, nontransient hypoglycemia with defects in negative feedback of glucose-regulated insulin release. clinical phenotypes include hypoglycemia; hyperinsulinemia; seizures; coma; and often large birth weight. several sub-types exist with the most common, type 1, associated with mutations on an atp-binding cassette transporters (subfamily c, member 8).
- Hypoglycemia-. a syndrome of abnormally low blood glucose level. clinical hypoglycemia has diverse etiologies. severe hypoglycemia eventually lead to glucose deprivation of the central nervous system resulting in hunger; sweating; paresthesia; impaired mental function; seizures; coma; and even death.
Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries
The following annotation back-references are applicable to this diagnosis code. The Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries is a list of ICD-10-CM codes, organized "head to toe" into chapters and sections with coding notes and guidance for inclusions, exclusions, descriptions and more.
Type 1 ExcludesType 1 Excludes
A type 1 excludes note is a pure excludes note. It means "NOT CODED HERE!" An Excludes1 note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as the code above the Excludes1 note. An Excludes1 is used when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
Index to Diseases and Injuries References
The following annotation back-references for this diagnosis code are found in the injuries and diseases index. The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10-CM code(s).
- - Findings, abnormal, inconclusive, without diagnosis - See Also: Abnormal;
- - Glycopenia - E16.2
- - Hypoglycemia (spontaneous) - E16.2
Convert to ICD-9-CM Code
|Source ICD-10-CM Code||Target ICD-9-CM Code|
|E16.2||251.2 - Hypoglycemia NOS|
Low Blood Glucose (Hypoglycemia)Overview of hypoglycemia, also called low blood glucose or low blood sugar, among people with diabetes.
[Learn More in MedlinePlus]
- FY 2024 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2023 through 9/30/2024
- FY 2023 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2022 through 9/30/2023
- FY 2022 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2021 through 9/30/2022
- FY 2021 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2020 through 9/30/2021
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016. This was the first year ICD-10-CM was implemented into the HIPAA code set.