Valid for Submission
E06.9 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of thyroiditis, unspecified. The code is valid for the fiscal year 2021 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code E06.9 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like euthyroid thyroiditis, focal thyroiditis, goiter due to thyroiditis, hypothyroidism due to thyroiditis, silent thyroiditis, thyroid disease in mother complicating childbirth, etc
|Short Description:||Thyroiditis, unspecified|
|Long Description:||Thyroiditis, unspecified|
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code E06.9 are found in the index:
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Euthyroid thyroiditis
- Focal thyroiditis
- Goiter due to thyroiditis
- Hypothyroidism due to thyroiditis
- Silent thyroiditis
- Thyroid disease in mother complicating childbirth
- Thyroid disease in pregnancy
- Thyroid infection
- Thyroiditis in mother complicating childbirth
- Thyroiditis in pregnancy
- THYROIDITIS-. inflammatory diseases of the thyroid gland. thyroiditis can be classified into acute thyroiditis suppurative subacute granulomatous and lymphocytic chronic fibrous riedel's chronic lymphocytic hashimoto disease transient postpartum thyroiditis and other autoimmune thyroiditis subtypes.
- THYROIDITIS AUTOIMMUNE-. inflammatory disease of the thyroid gland due to autoimmune responses leading to lymphocytic infiltration of the gland. it is characterized by the presence of circulating thyroid antigen specific t cells and thyroid autoantibodies. the clinical signs can range from hypothyroidism to thyrotoxicosis depending on the type of autoimmune thyroiditis.
- THYROIDITIS SUBACUTE-. spontaneously remitting inflammatory condition of the thyroid gland characterized by fever; muscle weakness; sore throat; severe thyroid pain; and an enlarged damaged gland containing giant cells. the disease frequently follows a viral infection.
- THYROIDITIS SUPPURATIVE-. acute inflammatory disease of the thyroid gland due to infections by bacteria; fungi; or other microorganisms. symptoms include tender swelling fever and often with leukocytosis.
- HASHIMOTO DISEASE-. chronic autoimmune thyroiditis characterized by the presence of high serum thyroid autoantibodies; goiter; and hypothyroidism.
- POSTPARTUM THYROIDITIS-. transient autoimmune thyroiditis occurring in the postpartum period. it is characterized by the presence of high titers of autoantibodies against thyroid peroxidase and thyroglobulin. clinical signs include the triphasic thyroid hormone pattern: beginning with thyrotoxicosis followed with hypothyroidism then return to euthyroid state by 1 year postpartum.
Convert E06.9 to ICD-9
Endocrine, nutritional and metabolic diseases (E00–E90)
Disorders of thyroid gland (E00-E07)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020
- FY 2021 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2020 through 9/30/2021