Valid for Submission
D89.812 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of acute on chronic graft-versus-host disease. The code is valid for the fiscal year 2021 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions.
The code D89.812 describes a circumstance which influences the patient's health status but not a current illness or injury. The code is unacceptable as a principal diagnosis.
|Short Description:||Acute on chronic graft-versus-host disease|
|Long Description:||Acute on chronic graft-versus-host disease|
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code D89.812 are found in the index:
The Medicare Code Editor (MCE) detects and reports errors in the coding of claims data. The following ICD-10 Code Edits are applicable to this code:
- Unacceptable principal diagnosis - There are selected codes that describe a circumstance which influences an individual's health status but not a current illness or injury, or codes that are not specific manifestations but may be due to an underlying cause. These codes are considered unacceptable as a principal diagnosis.
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code D89.812 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V38.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2020 through 09/30/2021.
- 808 - MAJOR HEMATOLOGICAL AND IMMUNOLOGICAL DIAGNOSES EXCEPT SICKLE CELL CRISIS AND COAGULATION DISORDERS WITH MCC
- 809 - MAJOR HEMATOLOGICAL AND IMMUNOLOGICAL DIAGNOSES EXCEPT SICKLE CELL CRISIS AND COAGULATION DISORDERS WITH CC
- 810 - MAJOR HEMATOLOGICAL AND IMMUNOLOGICAL DIAGNOSES EXCEPT SICKLE CELL CRISIS AND COAGULATION DISORDERS WITHOUT CC/MCC
Convert D89.812 to ICD-9
- 279.53 - Ac on chrn grft-vs-host
Diseases of the blood and blood-forming organs and certain disorders involving the immune mechanism (D50–D89)
Certain disorders involving the immune mechanism (D80-D89)
Oth disorders involving the immune mechanism, NEC (D89)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020
- FY 2021 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2020 through 9/30/2021