Valid for Submission
D89.43 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of secondary mast cell activation. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions.
|Short Description:||Secondary mast cell activation|
|Long Description:||Secondary mast cell activation|
Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries
The Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries is a list of ICD-10 codes, organized "head to toe" into chapters and sections with guidance for inclusions, exclusions, descriptions and more. The following references are applicable to the code D89.43:
Inclusion Terms Inclusion Terms
These terms are the conditions for which that code is to be used. The terms may be synonyms of the code title, or, in the case of "other specified" codes, the terms are a list of the various conditions assigned to that code. The inclusion terms are not necessarily exhaustive. Additional terms found only in the Alphabetic Index may also be assigned to a code.
- Secondary mast cell activation syndrome
Code Also Code Also
A "code also" note instructs that two codes may be required to fully describe a condition, but this note does not provide sequencing direction.
- underlying etiology, if known
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code D89.43 are found in the index:
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code D89.43 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V37.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2020 through 09/30/2020.
- 814 - RETICULOENDOTHELIAL AND IMMUNITY DISORDERS WITH MCC
- 815 - RETICULOENDOTHELIAL AND IMMUNITY DISORDERS WITH CC
- 816 - RETICULOENDOTHELIAL AND IMMUNITY DISORDERS WITHOUT CC/MCC
D8943 replaces the following previously assigned ICD-10 code(s):
- D89.89 - Oth disrd involving the immune mechanism, NEC
Convert D89.43 to ICD-9
- 279.8 - Immune mechanism dis NEC (Approximate Flag)
Diseases of the blood and blood-forming organs and certain disorders involving the immune mechanism (D50–D89)
Certain disorders involving the immune mechanism (D80-D89)
Oth disorders involving the immune mechanism, NEC (D89)
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020