Not Valid for Submission
D84.8 is a "header" nonspecific and non-billable diagnosis code code, consider using a code with a higher level of specificity for a diagnosis of other specified immunodeficiencies. The code is NOT valid for the year 2021 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. Category or Header define the heading of a category of codes that may be further subdivided by the use of 4th, 5th, 6th or 7th characters.
Specific Coding for Other specified immunodeficiencies
Header codes like D84.8 require more digits to indicate the appropriate level of specificity. Consider using any of the following ICD-10 codes with a higher level of specificity when coding for other specified immunodeficiencies:
Convert D84.8 to ICD-9 Code
The General Equivalency Mapping (GEM) crosswalk indicates an approximate mapping between the ICD-10 code D84.8 its ICD-9 equivalent. The approximate mapping means there is not an exact match between the ICD-10 code and the ICD-9 code and the mapped code is not a precise representation of the original code.
Information for Patients
Immune System and Disorders
Your immune system is a complex network of cells, tissues, and organs that work together to defend against germs. It helps your body to recognize these "foreign" invaders. Then its job is to keep them out, or if it can't, to find and destroy them.
If your immune system cannot do its job, the results can be serious. Disorders of the immune system include
- Allergy and asthma - immune responses to substances that are usually not harmful
- Immune deficiency diseases - disorders in which the immune system is missing one or more of its parts
- Autoimmune diseases - diseases causing your immune system to attack your own body's cells and tissues by mistake
NIH: National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases
- Agammaglobulinemia (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Aging changes in immunity (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Chronic granulomatous disease (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Graft-versus-host disease (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Histiocytosis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Hyperimmunoglobulin E syndrome (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Immune response (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Immunodeficiency disorders (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Selective deficiency of IgA (Medical Encyclopedia)
[Learn More in MedlinePlus]