Valid for Submission
D81.0 is a billable diagnosis code used to specify a medical diagnosis of severe combined immunodeficiency [scid] with reticular dysgenesis. The code D81.0 is valid during the fiscal year 2021 from October 01, 2020 through September 30, 2021 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions.
The ICD-10-CM code D81.0 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like scid due to absent peripheral t cell maturation or severe combined immunodeficiency with reticular dysgenesis.
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code D81.0 are found in the index:
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- SCID due to absent peripheral T cell maturation
- Severe combined immunodeficiency with reticular dysgenesis
Diagnostic Related Groups - MS-DRG Mapping
Convert D81.0 to ICD-9 Code
The General Equivalency Mapping (GEM) crosswalk indicates an approximate mapping between the ICD-10 code D81.0 its ICD-9 equivalent. The approximate mapping means there is not an exact match between the ICD-10 code and the ICD-9 code and the mapped code is not a precise representation of the original code.
Information for Patients
Immune System and Disorders
Your immune system is a complex network of cells, tissues, and organs that work together to defend against germs. It helps your body to recognize these "foreign" invaders. Then its job is to keep them out, or if it can't, to find and destroy them.
If your immune system cannot do its job, the results can be serious. Disorders of the immune system include
- Allergy and asthma - immune responses to substances that are usually not harmful
- Immune deficiency diseases - disorders in which the immune system is missing one or more of its parts
- Autoimmune diseases - diseases causing your immune system to attack your own body's cells and tissues by mistake
NIH: National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases
- Agammaglobulinemia (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Aging changes in immunity (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Chronic granulomatous disease (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Graft-versus-host disease (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Histiocytosis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Hyperimmunoglobulin E syndrome (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Immune response (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Immunodeficiency disorders (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Selective deficiency of IgA (Medical Encyclopedia)