Valid for Submission
D75.81 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of myelofibrosis. The code is valid for the fiscal year 2021 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code D75.81 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like congenital enlarged kidney, congenital neutropenia, myelofibrosis, nephromegaly syndrome, ischemic myelofibrosis, myelofibrosis, myelofibrosis, myelofibrosis due to another disorder, etc
Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries
The Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries is a list of ICD-10 codes, organized "head to toe" into chapters and sections with guidance for inclusions, exclusions, descriptions and more. The following references are applicable to the code D75.81:
Inclusion Terms Inclusion Terms
These terms are the conditions for which that code is to be used. The terms may be synonyms of the code title, or, in the case of "other specified" codes, the terms are a list of the various conditions assigned to that code. The inclusion terms are not necessarily exhaustive. Additional terms found only in the Alphabetic Index may also be assigned to a code.
- Myelofibrosis NOS
- Secondary myelofibrosis NOS
Code First Code First
Certain conditions have both an underlying etiology and multiple body system manifestations due to the underlying etiology. For such conditions, the ICD-10-CM has a coding convention that requires the underlying condition be sequenced first followed by the manifestation. Wherever such a combination exists, there is a "use additional code" note at the etiology code, and a "code first" note at the manifestation code. These instructional notes indicate the proper sequencing order of the codes, etiology followed by manifestation.
- the underlying disorder, such as:
- malignant neoplasm of breast C50
Use Additional Code Use Additional Code
The “use additional code” indicates that a secondary code could be used to further specify the patient’s condition. This note is not mandatory and is only used if enough information is available to assign an additional code.
- code, if applicable, for associated therapy-related myelodysplastic syndrome D46
Type 1 Excludes Type 1 Excludes
A type 1 excludes note is a pure excludes note. It means "NOT CODED HERE!" An Excludes1 note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as the code above the Excludes1 note. An Excludes1 is used when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
- acute myelofibrosis C94.4
- idiopathic myelofibrosis D47.1
- leukoerythroblastic anemia D61.82
- myelofibrosis with myeloid metaplasia D47.4
- myelophthisic anemia D61.82
- myelophthisis D61.82
- primary myelofibrosis D47.1
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code D75.81 are found in the index:
The Medicare Code Editor (MCE) detects and reports errors in the coding of claims data. The following ICD-10 Code Edits are applicable to this code:
- Manifestation diagnoses - Manifestation codes describe the manifestation of an underlying disease, not the disease itself, and therefore should not be used as a principal diagnosis.
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Congenital enlarged kidney
- Congenital neutropenia, myelofibrosis, nephromegaly syndrome
- Ischemic myelofibrosis
- Myelofibrosis due to another disorder
- PRIMARY MYELOFIBROSIS-. a de novo myeloproliferation arising from an abnormal stem cell. it is characterized by the replacement of bone marrow by fibrous tissue a process that is mediated by cytokines arising from the abnormal clone.
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code D75.81 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V38.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2020 through 09/30/2021.
- 820 - LYMPHOMA AND LEUKEMIA WITH MAJOR O.R. PROCEDURES WITH MCC
- 821 - LYMPHOMA AND LEUKEMIA WITH MAJOR O.R. PROCEDURES WITH CC
- 822 - LYMPHOMA AND LEUKEMIA WITH MAJOR O.R. PROCEDURES WITHOUT CC/MCC
Convert D75.81 to ICD-9
Diseases of the blood and blood-forming organs and certain disorders involving the immune mechanism (D50–D89)
Other disorders of blood and blood-forming organs (D70-D77)
Other and unsp diseases of blood and blood-forming organs (D75)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020
- FY 2021 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2020 through 9/30/2021