Valid for Submission
D72.820 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of lymphocytosis (symptomatic). The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code D72.820 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like acquired lymphocytosis, diffuse infiltrative lymphocytosis syndrome, increased blood lymphocyte number, lymphocytosis, lymphocytosis - absolute, monoclonal b-cell lymphocytosis, etc
|Short Description:||Lymphocytosis (symptomatic)|
|Long Description:||Lymphocytosis (symptomatic)|
Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries
The Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries is a list of ICD-10 codes, organized "head to toe" into chapters and sections with guidance for inclusions, exclusions, descriptions and more. The following references are applicable to the code D72.820:
Inclusion Terms Inclusion Terms
These terms are the conditions for which that code is to be used. The terms may be synonyms of the code title, or, in the case of "other specified" codes, the terms are a list of the various conditions assigned to that code. The inclusion terms are not necessarily exhaustive. Additional terms found only in the Alphabetic Index may also be assigned to a code.
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code D72.820 are found in the index:
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Acquired lymphocytosis
- Diffuse infiltrative lymphocytosis syndrome
- Increased blood lymphocyte number
- Lymphocytosis - absolute
- Monoclonal B-cell lymphocytosis
- Non-malignant lymphocyte AND/OR plasma cell disorder
- Persistent lymphocytosis
- Persistent polyclonal B-cell lymphocytosis
- Relative lymphocytosis
- T lymphocyte disorder
- T lymphocyte disorder
- T-cell lymphocytosis
- White blood cell number - finding
- LYMPHOCYTOSIS-. excess of normal lymphocytes in the blood or in any effusion.
- VIRULENCE FACTORS BORDETELLA-. a set of bacterial adhesins and toxins biological produced by bordetella organisms that determine the pathogenesis of bordetella infections such as whooping cough. they include filamentous hemagglutinin; fimbriae proteins; pertactin; pertussis toxin; adenylate cyclase toxin; dermonecrotic toxin; tracheal cytotoxin; bordetella lipopolysaccharides; and tracheal colonization factor.
- PERTUSSIS TOXIN-. one of the virulence factors produced by bordetella pertussis. it is a multimeric protein composed of five subunits s1 s5. s1 contains mono adpribose transferase activity.
- LYMPHOHISTIOCYTOSIS HEMOPHAGOCYTIC-. a group of related disorders characterized by lymphocytosis; histiocytosis; and hemophagocytosis. the two major forms are familial and reactive.
- LEUKEMIA LARGE GRANULAR LYMPHOCYTIC-. a spectrum of disorders characterized by clonal expansions of the peripheral blood lymphocyte populations known as large granular lymphocytes which contain abundant cytoplasm and azurophilic granules. subtypes develop from either cd3 negative natural killer cells or cd3 positive t cells. the clinical course of both subtypes can vary from spontaneous regression to progressive malignant disease.
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code D72.820 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V37.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2019 through 09/30/2020.
- 814 - RETICULOENDOTHELIAL AND IMMUNITY DISORDERS WITH MCC
- 815 - RETICULOENDOTHELIAL AND IMMUNITY DISORDERS WITH CC
- 816 - RETICULOENDOTHELIAL AND IMMUNITY DISORDERS WITHOUT CC/MCC
Convert D72.820 to ICD-9
- 288.61 - Lymphocytosis-symptomatc
Diseases of the blood and blood-forming organs and certain disorders involving the immune mechanism (D50–D89)
Other disorders of blood and blood-forming organs (D70-D77)
Other disorders of white blood cells (D72)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020