D68.021 is a billable ICD-10 code used to specify a medical diagnosis of von willebrand disease, type 2b. The code is valid during the fiscal year 2023 from October 01, 2022 through September 30, 2023 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions.
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Hereditary von Willebrand disease type 2B
- von Willebrand disease type 2
- von Willebrand disease type 2B
- von Willebrand disease, type IIB
New 2023 ICD-10 Code
D68.021 is new to ICD-10 code set for the FY 2023, effective October 1, 2022. The National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) has published an update to the ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes which became effective October 1, 2022. This is a new and revised code for the FY 2023 (October 1, 2022 - September 30, 2023).
Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries
The Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries is a list of ICD-10 codes, organized "head to toe" into chapters and sections with coding notes and guidance for inclusions, exclusions, descriptions and more. The following references are applicable to this diagnosis code:
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms
These terms are the conditions for which that code is to be used. The terms may be synonyms of the code title, or, in the case of "other specified" codes, the terms are a list of the various conditions assigned to that code. The inclusion terms are not necessarily exhaustive. Additional terms found only in the Alphabetic Index may also be assigned to a code.
- Qualitative defects of von Willebrand factor with high-molecular-weight von Willebrand factor loss
- Qualitative defects of von Willebrand factor with hyper-adhesive forms
- Qualitative defects of von Willebrand factor with increased affinity for platelet glycoprotein lb
Index to Diseases and Injuries References
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for this diagnosis code are found in the injuries and diseases index:
- - Defect, defective - Q89.9
- - qualitative, of von Willebrand factor
D68021 replaces the following previously assigned ICD-10 code(s):
- FY 2023 - Code Added, effective from 10/1/2022 through 9/30/2023