Valid for Submission
D07.2 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of carcinoma in situ of vagina. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code D07.2 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like carcinoma in situ of vagina or squamous cell carcinoma of vagina or tis or vaginal intraepithelial neoplasia or vaginal intraepithelial neoplasia.
The code D07.2 is applicable to female patients only. It is clinically and virtually impossible to use this code on a non-female patient.
|Short Description:||Carcinoma in situ of vagina|
|Long Description:||Carcinoma in situ of vagina|
Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries
The Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries is a list of ICD-10 codes, organized "head to toe" into chapters and sections with guidance for inclusions, exclusions, descriptions and more. The following references are applicable to the code D07.2:
Inclusion Terms Inclusion Terms
These terms are the conditions for which that code is to be used. The terms may be synonyms of the code title, or, in the case of "other specified" codes, the terms are a list of the various conditions assigned to that code. The inclusion terms are not necessarily exhaustive. Additional terms found only in the Alphabetic Index may also be assigned to a code.
- Severe dysplasia of vagina
- Vaginal intraepithelial neoplasia III VAIN III
Type 1 Excludes Type 1 Excludes
A type 1 excludes note is a pure excludes note. It means "NOT CODED HERE!" An Excludes1 note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as the code above the Excludes1 note. An Excludes1 is used when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
- moderate dysplasia of vagina N89.1
- vaginal intraepithelial neoplasia II VIN II N89.1
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code D07.2 are found in the index:
The Medicare Code Editor (MCE) detects and reports errors in the coding of claims data. The following ICD-10 Code Edits are applicable to this code:
- Diagnoses for females only - Medicare Code Editor detects inconsistencies between a patient’s sex and any diagnosis on the patient’s record, this code applies to FEMALES only
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Carcinoma in situ of vagina
- Squamous cell carcinoma of vagina
- Vaginal intraepithelial neoplasia
- Vaginal intraepithelial neoplasia
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code D07.2 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V37.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2020 through 09/30/2020.
- 736 - UTERINE AND ADNEXA PROCEDURES FOR OVARIAN OR ADNEXAL MALIGNANCY WITH MCC
- 737 - UTERINE AND ADNEXA PROCEDURES FOR OVARIAN OR ADNEXAL MALIGNANCY WITH CC
- 738 - UTERINE AND ADNEXA PROCEDURES FOR OVARIAN OR ADNEXAL MALIGNANCY WITHOUT CC/MCC
- 739 - UTERINE, ADNEXA PROCEDURES FOR NON-OVARIAN AND NON-ADNEXAL MALIGNANCY WITH MCC
- 740 - UTERINE, ADNEXA PROCEDURES FOR NON-OVARIAN AND NON-ADNEXAL MALIGNANCY WITH CC
- 741 - UTERINE, ADNEXA PROCEDURES FOR NON-OVARIAN AND NON-ADNEXAL MALIGNANCY WITHOUT CC/MCC
Convert D07.2 to ICD-9
- 233.31 - Carcinoma in situ vagina
In situ neoplasms (D00-D09)
Carcinoma in situ of other and unspecified genital organs (D07)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020